Police arrest man for South Portland armed robbery | News
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - It took just over five hours for police to nab the man they say held up a bank in South Portland at gunpoint.
At 5:28 PM Friday, surveillance footage shows a man enter the TD Bank on Market Street in South Portland. He's holding a gun in his left hand. He's wearing a hood and a mask.
He makes off with a small amount of cash.
At 10:50 PM, police arrest their suspect. Joseph Morrill, of South Portland, is being held on $150,000 cash bail.
South Portland police credit the quick arrest to a collaborative effort inside their own police department, with the assist going to the FBI.
Upcoming Events near South Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash