New SMCC schedule favors early risers | News
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - School bells will ring extra early at Southern Maine Community College next semester.
The South Portland school will offer 10 early-morning classes in the spring 2013 semester, with start times of 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
The college says the added flexibility in the schedule is designed to serve two purposes. It will provide more options for the college's increasingly diverse student population, many of whom are working professionals or have family demands.
The change will also help to ease traffic congestion on Broadway, the main South Portland artery to SMCC, during the morning commute.
Upcoming Events near South Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash