STRIVE to Hold 12 Hour, All Night Dance Marathon | Community Spirit
Join STRIVE for their 8th Annual Wright Express Dance Marathon presented by MEMIC to raise funds and awareness for STRIVE starting at 8:00pm on Saturday, March 3rd to 8:00am on Sunday, March 4th.
The Dance Marathon draws 350+ participants who stay up all night dancing to live bands, DJ’s and participating in games and activities. Dancers raise funds and pledges to participate, and all funds go directly to supporting STRIVE Programs. Performers at the 2012 event include The 302 Benders and Hello Newman. Also at the event will be group dances, theme hours, inflatable Obstacle Course, Velcro Wall, Bungee Run, Jousting and Sumo Wrestling, food, prizes, chair massage, a pageant and more! The full event will be steamed live online on STRIVE’s Facebook page.
The Dance Marathon is STRIVE’s largest fundraiser, raising $30,000 in 2011 and plans to exceed that number in 2012. All funds go directly to supporting STRIVE Programs.
Wright Express is the title sponsor of the 8th Annual Dance Marathon, MEMIC is the presenting sponsor and other sponsors include Rowe Westbrook and Unified Technologies.
Upcoming Events near South Portland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash